By KARMIC Kitchen Masterchef Renee Pantas
½ cucumber sliced
¼ tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup quinoa
Small handful of basil, finely chopped
Small bunch of beetroot leaves
1 small zucchini
100 g semi-hard tofu
¼ cup sesame seeds
Extra-virgin olive oil
This is a deliciously supercharged meal that will have all your senses enlightened! There are quite a few ingredients, but feel free to omit or leave some out if they are not available to you. I used semi-hard tofu, which is an excellent source of protein and paired this with our favourite- quinoa, a slow releasing, high-protein superfood. The green goodness comes from the beetroot leaves, cucumber, avocado and zucchini, all of which are jam packed with vitamins and minerals, because remember, if you eat your greens and train mean, you will stay lean!
- Place the cucumber in small bowl and drizzle with the apple cider vinegar, chili flakes and a few drops of sesame oil. Set aside
- Rinse the quinoa put this in a medium saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to the bowl, stir, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring often to make sure the grains do not get stuck to the pan. Once the water is absorbed and the grains have opened, turn the heat off and let the quinoa sit for 5-minutes
- For the avocado puree, blend the avocado, lemon juice, basil leaves, olive oil and salt and pepper with a dash of water. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Shave the zucchini into ribbons using a potato peeler
- Sautee the beetroot leaves with a little bit of coconut oil until soft (about 1-2 minutes)
- Slice the tofu into 1.5 cm thick rectangles and cover with sesame seeds, pan fry in coconut oil until golden brown on both sides
- Time to assemble! In a medium bowl, place the quinoa, beetroot leaves, zucchini, avocado puree, cucumber and tofu. Season to taste and squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the top.
- Voila! Let your inner god/goddess shine!