Prior to commencing a KARMIC Cleanse program we suggest that some preparation be undertaken. Whilst not mandatory, this preparation will ease the transition into the Cleanse and maximize the benefits / nutritional absorption of the juice.
Try to complete the Cleanse program in a ‘clean’ environment. Attempt to remove as many temptations from your environment as possible (i.e. try to clear out the cupboard and fridge of all ‘unhealthy’ snacks and drinks).
In the days prior to commencement try to drink plenty of water each day and ideally consume meals that consist largely of fresh ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, legumes (beans, lentils and chickpeas), salads and soups.
It is suggested that the following dietary elements are gradually reduced and/or eliminated where possible:
- Processed foods (white flour, sugar)
- Preservatives, artificial colouring/sweeteners and food dyes
- Muesli Bars / biscuits
- Sweets (chocolate, lollies)
- White Bread / White Rice
- Soft drink / Fruit Juices (Just Juice, etc.)
- Alcohol / Caffeine
- Sports bars / Gels / Energy drinks
- Frozen goods (chicken nuggets, chicken parma, meat pie, sausage rolls, dim sims)
- Jams (sweet spreads)
- Non-prescription drugs
Upon completing a Cleanse, solid food will be re-introduced into your digestive system. This process should be done slowly in order to provide your body with the best possible opportunity to absorb the food. Some recommendations are as follows for the days following the cleanse (1-2 days):
- Reduce your portion sizes at meal times as to avoid over consumption
- Attempt to eat slower than you normally would - take time to appreciate the food
- It is important is to eat regularly (don’t skip meals) to retain your metabolism
- Drink water regularly to maintain your fluid intake – it is recommended that at least 2.5L of water is consumed in the following two days
Some post cleanse meal ideas are provided here http://karmiccoldpressedjuice.com.au/pages/menu-planner
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us.